Top Ten list of some of the easy-to-miss subtle changes for your new edition games.
1) Minuses to SPD no longer prevent models from charging.
2) All cavalry models make impact attacks and can attack with their mounts during an activation in which they did not charge.
3) When a model uses Shield Guard on an AOE attack, the AOE is now centered on the model that used Shield Guard.
4) A warjack knocked down in shallow water no longer has its furnace extinguished.
5) A model no longer has to begin its activation in the back arc of a model to gain the Back Strike bonus. It just has to make its attack completely within its target’s back arc.
6) Push and Headlock/Weapon Lock Power Attacks no longer exist.
7) Warcasters no longer remove all remaining focus points on them during their Maintenance Phase. Now they only remove focus points in excess of their Focus Stat.
8) Knocked down models can now be moved by slams.
9) Predeploy doesn’t exist anymore.
10) Some models reference Structures, such as Siege Brisbane, but you’ll notice there are no Structure rules in Prime or Primal. Look forward to hearing more about the GREATLY simplified and awesome Structure rules in the future.
So, remember as you read the rules, it’s not just about remembering what’s there—sometimes it’s just as important to realize what’s not there, too!
Got something you think should have made the list? Hop on over to the official forums thread, and post your thoughts so everyone can charge into the new editions full-tilt! Forums
See the original post here.